The global enterprise puts tough demands on a security information and event management (SIEM) system. It must capture all event data (not just most of it) from all worldwide sites, large and small. It must give alerts, not only for immediate and obvious attacks, but also for the more stealthy variety taking place over time, anywhere on the network.
The ideal SIEM system must keep all the captured data readily, securely and quickly available through an easy to use centralized interface for flexible historical, trend and audit reporting--even reports not yet anticipated. But the system must not touch the data in a manner that would invalidate it as evidence.
It must be fast, so as not to lose data or delay reporting; but it must also be cost effective. It should not create a data explosion causing ever greater storage purchases. And with all that, it should be simple, standard, open, and not place further burdens on the IT staff.Appliance Solutions The benefits of enVision's Appliance Based Solution Are Tangible: You Will Lower Your Costs While Providing Greater Security, Performance & Value.
enVision's appliance based solutions are a better alternative to software because there are no hidden costs. Installation is simple. And with Network Intelligence's load-based pricing model, costs are predictable as you scale. enVision's appliances provide a cost-effective solution for organizations of all sizes.
- Exceptional Accountability: Because enVision appliances are delivered on a standardized, controlled combination of hardware, OS and software, performance levels are predictable, reproducible and guaranteed.
- Unmatched Simplicity: Plug the enVision appliance into a power source, attach it to the network and you're up and running in an hour. Yes an hour. With other software solutions it may be a day or a week. This feature alone has left customers, technology analysts and editors in stunned silence. Administration of the enVision appliance is remote and secure, for a single appliance or several.
- True Reliability: enVision appliances are controlled, secure environments with a locked-down Windows operating system that runs just one application: enVision. Which means it is immune to third-party driver conflicts, bugs, viruses and other issues that plague the IT world.
- Ample Scalability: A main advantage of standardized, modular hardware is scalability. From 500 EPS to 3000,000 EPS and from 320 gigabytes to 3 terabytes per appliance. We have yet to meet the enterprise to which we could not scale.
- Impressive ROI: Software solutions have hidden costs that are easily overlooked. These include additional hardware, storage, management and professional services costs. Not to mention the cost of low or underperforming solutions that drain resources but simply can't get the job done. And with Network Intelligence's load-based pricing model, costs are predictable as you scale, and Return on Investment is realized in an impressively short time period.
Every enterprise is unique, which is why RSA offers a range of enVision appliances that are scalable to any size: the EX series, HA series, & LS series. So as you grow, Network Intelligence will effortlessly grow with you. To find out which appliance is best suited to your organization, please contact our sales department.