Aruba AirMesh high-performance wireless mesh networks combine an 802.11n multi-radio architecture and intelligent Layer 3 routing for greater reliability and scalability. The result is a high-capacity, multiservice mesh network that is optimized for multimedia applications in large-scale outdoor municipal, public safety and
The AirMesh family includes ruggedized single-, dual- and quad-radio platforms that deliver fiber-like capacity – up to 300 Mbps per radio. Each software-configurable radio can function as a mesh backhaul link or Wi-Fi access point (AP) that operates in multiple frequencies for optimal performance and sustained throughput over multiple hops.
Industry leading Performance and Scalability
- Reliable, high-performance networking – AirMesh delivers superior network resiliency and throughput with intelligent, Layer 3 routing. Aruba’s patented Adaptive Wireless Routing™ (AWR™) technology directs traffic to the most optimal path and automatically avoids congestion and RF link failures.
- Unprecedented multi-hop capacity – AirMesh routers use an 802.11n multi-radio architecture that delivers up to 300 Mbps of capacity per radio. The mesh backhaul network has multiple point-to-point links, with each link operating on a different RF channel for frequency optimization. Long-range directional links up to six miles (10 kilometers) can be established between AirMesh routers.
- HD-quality video surveillance – With AirMesh, organizations can benefit from HD-quality video from mobile and fixed surveillance cameras, monitors and recording systems. Video is delivered at up to 30 frames per second using patented Active Video Transport™ (AVT™) technology for video optimization and quality of service (QoS).
- High-speed roaming for in-vehicle mobility – When on an Aruba mesh, users can maintain their application sessions even in they’re in vehicles moving at speeds of 60 miles an hour. Aruba MobileMatrix™ technology facilitates fast roaming – even for voice and video – across IP subnets in less than 50 milliseconds.
- Comprehensive security and traffic management – Security is integrated into the Aruba mesh, so that organizations can easily and confidently provide mesh backhaul and Wi-Fi services to multiple user groups and applications. The network can be securely segmented and advanced quality of service (QoS) can be enforced end-to-end across the mesh.
- Full suite of mesh planning and management tools – Aruba provides a suite of visualization tools that simplify planning, deployment and management, which helps keep the total cost of ownership affordable. Learn more about the Aruba 3D Outdoor RF Planner and Aruba MeshConfig.